While reading "Discipleship in the new age" by Alice Bailey, I found a little excerpt that is worth sharing, in part because it is quite practical. In it Djwal Khul give us some advice on how to protect ourselves from harmful influences with which we may get in contact.
Here is the excerpt:
You need to learn to protect yourself from people, in a psychic sense. This protection can be applied in several ways. I could myself put around you a protecting shield; I choose not to do so, for you would learn naught thereby. The work must be done by you yourself, and basically involves the transmutation of the sacral centre (not the solar plexus, as you might naturally think) to the throat. In the sacral centre lie the ancient racial fears and deep-seated personal desires. Ponder not upon the sacral centre, for that would bring these ancient inheritances to the surface, but let your work be related to the creative throat centre. Then perform the following exercise:
- Sound the OM within the throat centre, as the soul focussed in the ajna centre.
- See (with the creative imagination) the throat centre as a radiant, vibrant, brilliant reservoir and know it to be so.
- Then send forth from that centre a broad and vital stream of energy, down the spine to the sacral centre in the spine, preserving the stream intact in your consciousness so that no part of it is deflected to the physical counterparts of the sacral centre, the gonads.
- Then see the sacral centre (in the spine) as a radiant reservoir of energy, but as energy deflected from physical creative activity to the destruction of ancient racial fears in the world. Then project that energy out into the world of men, to aid in the destruction of fear.
- Next, reaffirming your consciousness positively in the ajna centre, withdraw your attention from the sacral centre and the throat centre and sound the OM—as the directing disciple—seven times, slowly and inaudibly.
Use this exercise as often as needed, but just now and for six months use it every day. You will be surprised what it will do for you.
The protection here is related more to the natural opposition faced by those who seek orient themselves to the service of humanity, but also applies to the psychic attacks we suffer in our daily life, on purpose or accidentally. At the very least, it reinforces the intention of moving the current polarization from the sacral center to the center of the throat, reason enough to give it some attention.
Djwal Khul recommended to practice this whenever we feel the need, but in particular that in the six months following his instructions this technique should be practiced daily, due to the beneficial effects it can produce.
So let's get to work!